Did you know – great business systems help to make great leaders
There is a lot of chat about leadership today. It’s excellent because it concentrates on the fact that leadership styles have changed so much over the past few years from bossy to relationship building. And I love the focus that, for the most part, leadership is a learned skill not an art that is just part of a particular personality. All good.
Practical steps to help leadership succeed
What is missed though is that there are some very practical steps you can take in the way you run your business that will give you the platform to become a very successful contemporary leader.
Yes, the benefits of systemising – that is giving yourself a…
- Clear scalable business structure that is easy to explain
- Procedures for the important tasks you want done your way to keep things consistent
- And a support office that ensures staff are happy, receive great training and positive performance management ensuring accountability
…are the practical groundwork to help you be clear about your expectations.
It is difficult to lead through confusion.
So, one of the first tasks of any leader is to create clarity about what it is they want their teams to do and how things are to be done.
The exciting thing is, this work not only clarifies business processes and structures, it also helps clarify the WHY behind everything. And when people know not only why you do the business you do but also the why each task is done in the way it is to be done, then…
- Tasks are easier to explain
- People understand and accept your way of doing things more readily.
It’s so much easier to make connections and bring teams along with you when things are organised and easy to understand.